Capital Markets Expert
Irwin is one of the fastest growing FinTech companies in Canada. We are based in Toronto and are a leading provider of capital markets-focused financial technology with a mission to seamlessly connect the world’s capital seekers and allocators to make them more productive, innovative and successful. Our flagship product, Irwin, is a software platform used by investor relations and investment banking professionals all over the world.
We’re a remote-first team and contribution is more important than facetime, so where you choose to work is up to you!
We are looking for a Capital Markets Expert to help service our large, diverse and growing client base of public companies, consultants and investment banks. Our client base is increasingly sophisticated and as such we’re looking for someone who has the capital markets and investor relations expertise to help guide clients in their approach by honing the power, workflows and data of Irwin. The successful candidate will be excited about entrepreneurial initiatives and keen to be in constant search of new, value-creating ideas to source, plan and implement.
To be successful in this role, you must be detail oriented, analytical, confident, entrepreneurial and creative. We're looking for team players and believe that great things happen through open and honest communication and collaboration.
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Has at least 5 years of professional experience in capital markets or public equity investor relations
- Has proven experience working with clients in a relationship-driven environment
- Has solid technical and analytical expertise with data management and financial-related information
- Has a passion for identifying and solving short and long term challenges for clients, working with various stakeholders in understanding their unique needs
- A curious individual who can confidently express opinions, ideas, and observations to team members
- Is analytical in collecting, organizing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data/feedback
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Craves job enrichment
- Has a Bachelor or masters degree in business, economics, finance or a similar field
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with a select group of clients in helping them identify high quality investors that are suitable for their company given a variety of different criteria
- Preparing presentations and analysis using Irwin to provide full insight into the company’s relevant IR/capital markets-related information for the quarter
- Identifying opportunities to leverage Irwin to strengthen the client’s understanding of their current and potential shareholder base
- Aid in measuring the ROI of IR-related activity for clients
- Work collaboratively with Customer Success & Sales personnel to engage with clients and identify opportunities
You’ll Thrive With Us If You:
- Like thinking about the big picture and solving tough concepts
- Want to be innovative and generate new ideas for the product and company as a whole.
- Are absolutely obsessed with learning new things and out of the box thinking
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, stock options and benefits
- Career growth opportunities that you will only find at a high-growth, early-stage company