Irwin is one of Canada’s Top-Growing companies. We are based in Toronto and are a leading provider of capital markets-focused FinTech software with a mission to seamlessly connect the world’s capital seekers and allocators to make them more productive, innovative, and successful. Our flagship product, Irwin, is a software platform used by investor relations and investment banking professionals all over the world. We are proud to say that our customers consistently give us top reviews and truly enjoy using our products.
Irwin is looking for an experienced Product UX Designer to work with our growing product team, on an established and quickly growing web and mobile product (Irwin).
In this role you will report directly to the Head of UX and you will play a crucial role in shaping both the product and the product team.
Who are you?
- You are a solid UX/Product Designer that has already worked on hard UX problems for B2B products with an established customer/user base (e.g. 100+)
- You are a builder/problem solver and don’t need a fully defined process to start working on day one (i.e. you are no stranger to the development lifecycle and have experience working as a cross functional member )
- You spend most of your time (60-80%) actively working within Figma to both explore, refine and test solutions that are ready for critiques and ultimately handoff
- You spend the rest of your time (20-40%) diving into research, collaborating with team members and honing your craft.
- Bonus: You already have some experience or a demonstrated interest in finance or capital markets, but being curious and adaptable to new sectors/industries is just as valuable.
How to prepare for a great interview
- Be ready to share 2-5 recent product design work samples that show off your design and problem solving skills
- Explain which design/research tools you’ve used to solve design problems (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Fullstory, Usertesting.com, Uservoice, etc) and which tools you prefer and have mastered
- Show us what type of data (e.g. qualitative and quantitative) you can work with and how does it inform your design process and decision making?
- Show us that you’re a curious, driven and capableproduct designer that can communicate and defend design solutions with multiple stakeholders at various levels in the organization
- Share your experiences as both a product design leader and contributor to various design phases (e.g. user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, handoff and usability testing)
- Share your biggest success and failure as a product designer. What led to the success and in hindsight what caused the failure?
Product Design at Irwin
If it’s a good fit, this is what you can expect while working at Irwin as a product designer.
- Work from anywhere, we’re a remote first company with a shared office space in downtown Toronto.
- As a product designer you will be spending most (85%) of your time in design, research or prototyping phases for various workflows, features & components across the entire product
- But you will also have the opportunity to present your research results, designs, & prototypes to internal teams (e.g. CS, sales, eng, product, etc) and external stakeholders (e.g. customers and prospects)
- Opportunity to work collaboratively as a cross-functional member of the product team, contributing to user stories, feature requirements and other product team initiatives
- Leading and contributing to cross-functional design reviews, and continually test, experiment, and refine your work with all colleagues
What we offer
- Financially secure & growing startup, with no bureaucracy holding back your growth or drive – the best idea and execution always wins!
- Competitive salary, stock options and benefits (CAD $100,000-$110,000 per year )
- Career growth opportunities that you will only find at a high-growth, early-stage company
- 4 Weeks Paid Vacation per year
- Health, Dental coverage
- Internet Allowance